Believe it or not Scott, some crazy, talented people out there have given me some awards! True story!
But before I start my thank you speech let's talk shop.
Holy nicotene patches, the Mad Men Dress Challenge is almost upon us! I'm getting so excited it's hard to sleep!
April 1st I shall be posting all the vintage delights for all to 'Ooh and Aah' over. To be part of the challenge you need to email to me the following by Friday, March 30th:
- A photo of you in your finished garment
- An inspiration photo from Mad Men - If you didn't base it off a particular dress but just went with a Mad Men theme that's fine, you don't need to send a photo
- Your blog post web address - Make sure you blog about your dress before you submit the pictures to me. That way I can reference your blog post at the big reveal! If you can't do your post by then just send me your website address instead. If you don't have a blog that's fine too - everyone is welcome.
Inspiration - Peggy Olson
Blog Post - http://www.juliabobbin.com/2012/01/mad-about-peggy.html
If you have any questions shoot me an email at email@example.com
The wonderful Jane from the amazing sewing blog Hand made Jane has nominated me for the Sunshine Award. Thank you so much! Such a talented lady!
You can see the rules of this award here but here are my answers to the questions that go with this award:
- Favourite Colour: Oh I do love my colours, but I guess if I had to chose it would be red or blue.
- Favourite Animal: Me after one to many drinks. It gets messy.
- Favourite Number: The local Japanese restaurants phone number.
- Favourite Non-Alcoholic Drink: There are drinks that don't have alcohol?
- Facebook or Twitter: I have both, let's be honest.
- My Passion: Sewing (surprise!) salsa dancing, family and friends, reading
- Getting or Giving Presents: Both!
- Favourite Pattern: At the moment it's Butterick 5603 I've only made it four times!
- Favourite Day of the Week: Saturday - my sewing day!
- Favourite Flower: Roses -classic, beautiful and timeless. And they make for some pretty sleeves.
I would like to pass this award onto four people:
- Splatastic - She's a Melbourne girl with loads of talent and fabric choices that make you want to be her best friend.
- Poppy Kettle - This woman is an engineer by trade and sure knows how to break down a pattern! She churns out outfits at an indecent rate, and is contantly adding awesome tutorials to her blog
- Kazz the Spazz - She's just so cool is makes me want to stalk her. Her garments always look like works of art and she sports some wicked ink.
Laura Mae from the fabulous sewing blog Lilacs and Lace and the wonderful Tina from the sewing blog Down The Retro Rabbit Hole have nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award (VBA)! Ladies thank you! I'm full of all sorts of warm and fuzzies :)
You can check out the rules for the VBA here.
I'm supposed to tell you seven things about myself, but I think I'll cheat and just use the answers from the Sunshine Award; my sewing machine is calling me!
I'd like to get all community-ish and pass this award onto some of my fellow bloggers:
- Zo Sews - She's a total spunk and everything she makes is precise, beautiful and vastly different from all her previous outfits.
- OonaBallona from Kalkatroona - Not only is this girl talented, but she can hold her liquor. That and her blog title makes me want to sing nursery rhymes.
- Cirque du bebe - Oh gee-golly she's just so pretty! Love the clothes she makes for her son, who is already way better dressed than most grown men that I know.
In honour of being nominated for awards I thought I would have another fabric giveaway!
I have two yards of 100% wool crepe and ladies and gentleman, it's lipstick RED!
Isn't it lovely?!!! It's very similar to the fabric that I used to make this dress. The crepe is a slightly different texture and the colour is slightly pinker, but they are both wool and have a beautiful drape
Here are the fabric details:
2 yards of red wool crepe
57 inches wide
Dry clean only
Value $35USD per yard
To win this fabric simply comment on this post.
One lucky person will be randomly selected as the winner.
Entries are open to everyone from anywhere in the world.
Entries close on April 6, 2012 Australian EST
One random winner will announced in a blog post on April 8th, 2012.